ABOUT THE AWARDS
At the annual It’s My Park Awards Reception, Partnerships for Parks honors partners who demonstrate exceptional leadership and commitment to their local parks through service, advocacy, and collaboration. Award recipients embody the mission and vision of PfP by effectively partnering with local residents and decision makers to transform their parks and green spaces into dynamic community assets, build long-term investment in public space, and strengthen the social fabric of our neighborhoods. Read more about our most recent annual awards here.
In March 2017, PfP will present seven awards at the 2016 It’s My Park Awards Reception. One organization will be selected to receive each award:
2016 Bronx Golden Trowel Award
2016 Brooklyn Golden Trowel Award
2016 Manhattan Golden Trowel Award
2016 Queens Golden Trowel Award
2016 Staten Island Golden Trowel Award
2016 Community Parks Initiative Award
2016 Tim Tompkins Leadership Award
In selecting It’s My Park Award recipients, consideration will be given to the nominee’s accomplishments in 2016 and the merit of the nomination.
Requirements for nominees include:
-Coordinating an IMP service project with Partnerships for Parks during the 2016 season
-Acting as an inspirational role model for NYC community park volunteers
-Demonstrating achievement in one or more
of the following areas:
NOMINATION AND SELECTION
- Group Development – demonstrated growth in organizational leadership, composition, structure or sustainability
- Leveraged Resources – secured funding or in-kind support for park space or programs
- Programming and Physical Improvements – launched or expanded free programming and events; and/or contributed to the physical transformation and beautification of parks space
- Promotion and Communications – improved public awareness of community group’s purpose or activities
- Collaboration and Partnership – developed effective relationships or co-created programming with local partners, peers, or decision makers
Community members are invited to nominate themselves or a peer for the It’s My Park Awards. Nominations are vetted and reviewed by a recommendation committee and selected by PfP leadership.