A party at the Swedish Cottage provides a unique venue and activity for a child’s birthday party. Rental includes the use of a separate party room, private showing of the current production and birthday greeting from the puppeteers!
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance can be paid on the date of the event via check, cash or credit card.
- Parties can be held on Saturdays and Sundays as well as select weekdays.
- $800 fee includes private showing of current production, usage of party room for up to 75 people (equipped with child-size furniture, small microwave, small refrigerator, one large table and five small tables.)
- Price does not include cost of food, drinks or decorations.
- An additional hour can be added onto the party for the cost of $200.
- Parties not confirmed within 24 hours of the initial hold are subject to cancellation by the Cottage.
- Since deposits are nonrefundable, the Cottage is at will to reschedule events for a future available date/time.
PARTY SET UP
|9:30am: Host Arrival & Set Up
||2:30pm: Host Arrival
|9:45am: Guest Arrival
||2:45pm: Guest Arrival
|10am: Show in Theatre (60 minutes)
||3pm: Show in Theatre (60 minutes)
|11am: Party Space (60 minutes)
||4pm: Party Space (60 minutes)
|12pm: Clean Up / Load Out (30 minutes)
||5pm: Clean Up / Load Out (30 minutes)
RULES + REGULATIONS
- Hosts are responsible for admitting guests into the building and for keeping the front door secure, ensuring only party guests are admitted into the venue.
- Hosts are responsible for the conduct and actions or all guests.
- Recording and photography of the performance is prohibited.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Do not leave valuables unguarded – the venue is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Food, drinks and balloons are not allowed into the performance space (they are permitted in the party room and the waiting area).
- Hosts are responsible for party clean up – trash receptacles are provided.
- All deliveries must be made on foot as vehicle traffic is prohibited at times in Central Park.
- To coordinate deliveries please contact the Cottage at (212) 988-9093.
The Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre is located inside Central Park at 79th Street and West Drive. When visiting, enter from West 81st Street.
For more information or to reserve a date contact the Cottage at (212) 988-9093.
FREQUENTLY USED VENDORS
462 Columbus Ave (between 82nd & 83rd st.)
(212) 873-1135 or (212)873-1134
418 Columbus Ave (between 80th & 81st)
469 Columbus Ave
2067 Broadway (between 71st & 72nd Streets)
Balloons to Go
200 West 24th street # 304
Balloons & Parties
By Caroline Party Planning With a Personal Touch
Loony Toony the Clown
Champion Parking (near the Marionette Theatre)
5 West 82nd Street (between Central Park West & Columbus Ave)